Based in Ottawa—a city that is acknowledged as a world leader in information technology and e-commerce—Brazeau Seller Law has first-hand experience in information technology law.
From emerging and early-stage businesses to high-growth or established companies, we offer advice and practical assistance in all matters related to the development, acquisition, supply, and use of information technology-based goods and services, as well as e-commerce issues.
We also assist in the protection of confidential and proprietary information against improper use, trademark applications, stock option, profit-sharing, and other incentive plans, and employment and tax matters uniquely specific to technology executives.
Our services include:
- Advising information technology businesses regarding:
- Corporate financing
- Corporate structure
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private and venture capital financing
- Conducting intellectual property audits related to technology
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing:
- Co-development agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Development and distribution agreements
- Employee and independent contractor agreements
- Escrow agreements (e.g., source code escrow arrangements)
- IT outsourcing agreements (e.g., application service provision, website development and hosting, credit card services, technology development and maintenance)
- Licensing agreements
- Maintenance agreements
- Software/systems development agreements
- Teaming agreements
- Technology transfer agreements
If you are seeking guidance or advice for your technology business, contact one of our lawyers today.